Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What Changes

It's not that I don't think Gedion Zelalem can't be a great player for the USMNT. I most definitely believe he can. 

But I also know that a lot can happen between 17 and becoming a regular international. 

Look at these guys, all hope and hunger at around the age of 17. 




Ten years later, how did these guys do? It's pretty much all over the map, really. 

Jeremy Hall and Kevin Alston play in MLS for the Revolution. The Farfans play in Mexico. Neven Subotic is in Germany with Dortmund. Omar Gonzalez switched to defense, plays for the Galaxy, and Eric Lichaj and Jozy Altidore play in England. Most of the others are out of the game or in lower leagues.

Altidore and Gonzalez are generally the only regular USA internationals.

1 comment:

Herb Scribener said...

Hi there! My name is Herb Scribner, editor for Soccer Newsday. We'd love to talk to you more about writing with us. Send me an email at h.scribner@soccernewsday.com.