Monday, September 8, 2008

Tuesday column

My previous thoughts on CONCACAF's Big Three and their road matches all came down because of my PE column. I'm writing about the qualifying in this region, sort of an ultra-expanded, thought-out actual column spinoff from my first thought about qualifying a few posts down.

This blog sometimes serves as a sort of pre-rough draft venue, see.

Anyway, my column topic and everything else may have all been for nothing.

I've got a call in to a local player and if he calls me back (we actually already spoke briefly in the morning) I'm going to write a column on him. If not, back to Plan A, which actually was Plan B to begin with... but nevermind that.

That's how this business is sometimes. You put a lot of thought and effort into a story and then it vanishes and you pursue something else. I had to re-write completely a 2005 LA Galaxy season preview story I wrote for someone because of the Landon Donovan trade, for instance.

So if the player calls me back and we chat, I'll wind up just using my mostly-written Tuesday story right here.

No comments: