Saturday, October 27, 2007

Chivas-KC thoughts

Sorry, no running blog from L.B. tonight. I'm on my fifth Bud Light and if all goes well I'll double that by night's end. I don't drink-and-type well so no go.

Anyway, the first half went pretty bad for Chivas USA. Kansas City is up 1-0 at halftime.

The one thing that could have done Chivas USA in has happened as Preki was forced to change his formation. Chivas stressed a "block of eight" this year in which the defensive and midfield lines were responsible for a bulk of the work, but against the Wizards Preki was forced to use a 4-5-1 formation because of injuries, so there goes the "block of eight." Laurent Merlin's okay normally but he needs another forward to play off of and Sacha Kljestan isn't playing like Maykel Galindo normally would.

Chivas are in trouble. The best they can hope for at this point is a 1-1 draw but given their paltry few chances and ineffectiveness on set pieces, that's asking for a lot.

Okay, on to number six. If I'm firing on all cylinders I'll write something after the game. If not, well, I guess they will have gotten to me.

1 comment:

Administrator said...

Luis, ya drunk.
It ended 1-0 KC, Chivas never really got a good attack together. And KC didn't play the most exciting brand of soccer either. Fans watching it might have used beer to dull the pain, so you had the right idea.