Friday, July 27, 2007

To our readers

Maybe one day Luis and I will team up on another soccer venture, and really make it all we envision, but in the meantime, look for our opinions and articles in the other places we write for; espn.com, SI.com, soccer365.com, the Press-Enterprise and MLSnet.com.

Sideline Views isn't a news site, per se. It's our little blog outlet, completely independent of anything except our own ideas. The posts here will ebb and flow with the time and info we have to spare.
Hopefully, a few of you will continue to check out our perspectives.


I'd also like to chime in on the subject. We don't get paid a thing for this blog and aren't really looking to do anything more than provide our thoughts and insights and perspectives. Hopefully people enjoy what we have to say and the stuff we provide, such as the audio clips and video clips and links to stories and, of course, the pictures. And if people don't, oh well. We have enough readers now who I'm willing to do the little extras for, such as take extra pictures and put up the audio clips for certain interviews and other things that our readers enjoy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

fwiw, this blog is a much better read than LASN. it still seems like the writings of the two of you are everywhere, so much so that i've decided that 'grahame l. jones' is a pseudonym representing yet another LB/AC joint venture.

-D.D.

Anonymous said...

Thank you A.C. and L.B. for your great blog, It's one of the first things I look at in the morning.

Sorry to hear about your issues with LASN (now off my bookmarks).

I appreciate all your hard work and your commitment to Southern California Soccer.

Thanks to you both

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the LASN didn't work out. Truth be told, I always checked your blog first, before LASN, and then followed your links to your articles. So it's their loss. Glad to know you're going to keep this blog going. It's the best. L.B. and A.C., I'll follow you wherever you write. :)

Anonymous said...

I would rather read this blog than a regular article per se. So as long as this is up i'm a happy soccer fan.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else here. I check your blog before any of the other soccer sites out there. Keep up the great work

Anonymous said...

I come here 2-3 times a day just to check. The thoughts behind the articles and news are far and away some of the most interesting commentary. I feel this Blog has only gotten better in the last year. I, for one, appreciate very much the time y'all spend to keep us informed.

A Fan of Good Writing
Augusta, GA

Anonymous said...

I, like many here, enjoy this blog. Though it's not a daily read for me. I like having 10 great blog items (blitems?) to read when I do visit.
LASN is now off my daily regiment of internet reading, which is GREAT because I already visit wwwaaaayyy too many soccer sites.
Keep on doing a great job with sidelineviews.

Anonymous said...

Hey A.C. and L.B. how many hits a day do you average on this blog. Just curious.

A.C. said...

We get about a 15 hundred readers a day. We're not crashing any servers, but we do get a pretty steady stream of visits.