Monday, April 30, 2007

Marsch laments


While out there today, I was talking to Jesse Marsch about Disneyland and all that good stuff. He offered up this:

"I wanted to apologize to the Legion because after the game none of us went over there to thank them. I thought they were amazing at the game and they just come and support us so strong every game. Even though we were disappointed with the loss, I still think we owed them a little appreciation for everything they bring to us every game. I just wanted to kind of publicly thank them and let them know in the future we’ll let them know how much we appreciate them. They made the Galaxy fans pale in comparison. We obviously wanted to give them a little bit more to cheer for on the field but it was no fault of theirs."

So I wanted to put that here to hopefully get the message out to Legion that Chivas USA players appreciated their efforts on the stands.

Marsch is cool that way. He blew me off once after a training session last year. I asked him if he had some time and he said "No. Not today." I was like "Wha..." because that's so unlike him, unlike most guys actually. Most guys are happy to talk to us scribes.

But Jesse was cool about it. The next time I saw him was after a home game a few days after that happened and the first thing he told me was that he was sorry he blew me off.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you dont mind I posted Jesse's apology on the Legion's private forum.

Anonymous said...

now i understand why the chivas USA fans kept yelling 'pluto' at that game
DMH

L.B. said...

xs26zx:

No problem whatsoever. He brought it up without me asking about it so he wanted to get it out to Legion. No worries, and thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Luis! By the way, are you a CSULB alumni or do you just like our caps? :) GO BEACH! haha.

A.C. said...

If you'll notice, the LB matches Luis' own initials.

My cap does the the same for mine. Bonus "you're a trivia master" if anyone can figure out what my cap represents (besides my initials).

Anonymous said...

yeah i kinda figure that out after i posted the comment..i had a DUH moment lol...


hmm let me work on yours lol

L.B. said...

xs26zx:

A lot of people assume that I'm a Dirtbag and then if they're CSUF people, they start to try and talk mess. I like the hat because, well, it's my initials :)

But my brother is taking masters classes there so I have a soft spot for Long Beach St.