Monday, March 26, 2007

Audio soon?

So I've been kicking around and kicking around some more the idea of getting some sort of audio outlet that will allow myself and Andrea the ability to post audio clips online. It's something I've been wanting to do for some time now but I only recently found a site that I feel comfortable using. It's supposed to be as easy as blogger is for creating and running blogs but it's not free.

It's not that it's that expensive (I'd probably go with the $10 per month plan). I wouldn't necessarily invest in into something that's going to yield a great return for me. For you, our trusty reader, it would be great because you'd get to hear some really great stuff, i.e. interviews and press conferences and the like. Heck, I'd even consider shooting the shit with Andrea, record it and call it our radio show and wouldn't that be fun?!? For me, it would be more of like a hobby because I know I'd enjoy all the aspects of that but it would be mainly for pleasure. Not that that's a bad thing at all. Nobody pays us to write here on this blog, for instance.

Another thing too is the time element. I've got about 1,455 things on my plate on the average day between writing, my other non-soccer job and my two rambunctious daughters (okay, my one rambunctious and one calm daughter).

Anyway, I'm leaning towards signing up for it. I guess I've just got to take the plunge.

One of the better things I have recorded is a snippet of an interview I recorded with Bob Bradley after Chivas USA lost to Roma FC in the U.S. Open Cup last summer. It is an instant classic, I can attest to that. I'll wait to give you guys the whole back story behind it if and when I post it but it's great. Another one is the Cobi Jones interview I recorded on his thoughts about U.S.-Mexico right before the game in February. I've got Alexi Lalas talking about that too but the Cobi stuff is really cool because he talks about Marquez's cheap shot on him in 2002.

So yeah, it's coming. Someday. I've just gotta dive in I suppose.

2 comments:

A.C. said...

Go for it Luis! Our non-paying blog has made a bit of money from people clicking on to that little ad in the corner. 30 bucks, roughly, but that should pay for a couple of months of audio.

My dreams of a Bl(cr)ackberry are sadly a little unrealistic at this point.

The Manly Ferry said...

Just to chime in, I like the "radio show" concept. The blog already feels like a conversation, at times at least, and y'all do pretty well with that.

Keep it up.