Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Who said what?




Emptying my notebook of quotes, I had a few leftover that I thought I'd share here. Just for a little fun, though, I thought I'd leave people to guess which statement was made by which person.

1) On playing Denmark - "It's an important game because we didn't have a great summer and it's the first game we've played since."
2) On Bob Bradley - "Hopefully I can catch his eye and get called into the full national team in the future."

3) On game tactics -"Sometimes you just know things will kind of go your way.
You gotta make that run, and get in the right position. Both of us thought outside the box to get into the box."
4) On the Denmark result - It’s always good to win in front of the home fans against anybody. It’s exciting for everybody. We know we have bigger and better things to do now.

5) On the Superliga - "I think it might get some fans who are maybe sitting on the couch to come out and see what happens."

6) On David Beckham - "There’s no one who you could bring here who will bring more attention to the game."

7) On David Beckham - "It’s good for the football here. I think it’s a boost. He’s a top player and has been a key player for Man United and the English."

8) On being with the USMNT - "I’ve just been ready and waiting for this call for a long time."

9) On being with the USMNT - "I’m not really a regular right now. I’m still trying to break into a regular spot."

10) On what Beckham will expect from MLS - "I don’t know what his perception of the American player is, so I don't know if I can answer that. I think it's a very high standard. I feel like I’m progressing playing here."

A. Dan Flynn B. Justin Mapp C. Kenny Cooper D. Jonathan Bornstein E. Sunil Gulati F. Kyle Beckerman G. Ricardo Clark H. Morten Olsen I. David Arvizu J. Bob Bradley

Match 'em up! I'll be back later to reveal the truth. Some of these quotes are exclusive to interviews I did, but some have been floating around out there, I think. Some have little inherent hints about who might say something like that.

OK, here it is - the key to who said what -
1) E
2)I
3)D
4)B
5)A
6)J
7)H
8)F
9)G
10)C


6 comments:

A.C. said...

So far, only Luis has had the courage to guess, and no, I didn't help him or give him hints. He can't post to the blog while he's at his other job, so I've included his guess here.

1 E
2 I
3 B
4 J
5 A
6 G
7 H
8 F
9 D
10 C

Do you agree? Take your own guess, if you dare.

A.C. said...

Oh, and yeah, Luis is right on some, but not on all of them. I'll leave the quiz up a while longer, see if someone else can do better.

Unknown said...

1 G
2 I
3 D
4 J
5 E
6 A
7 H
8 C
9 B
10 F

A.C. said...

Ok, the score now has Luis ahead, with 6 right, 4 wrong. Matt has three right, 7 wrong. Actually, that's probably a big hint right there. I'll leave the competition up until around 5pm this Friday, then I'll disclose the correct matches.

L.B. said...

Six right? I think I should have A'd when I G'd...

A.C. said...

Sorry, Luis, switching your A to your G would not have helped - it would have actually made your score worse.
Another hint!