Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Musical choices

I know it's still two weeks away, exactly two weeks from today actually, but I'm trying to plan my road trip to Glendale, Arizona. Of course the most important part of any roadie is the music.

I know my travel companion will probably have had enough of my musical choices before we hit Indio so I'm going to make my choices count.

I might start off with a little Guns N Roses. I got the Greatest Hits CD for Christmas and it's really good. If I only have a few song choices, I'll probably start with track 2, move to 3, then go to 13 and 14.

Then, I think I may try a little Rage Against the Machine, in honor of their recent announcement. I may slip a song or two in while we pass by Coachella since I won't be able to make it out there in person.

A couple of bands I've fallen for lately I unfortunately don't have their CDs. I might still be able to catch some Black Stone Cherry and Wolfmother on my station of choice, Sirius Octane 20.

I know the drive is going to seem a lot longer than the 4 1/2 hours it will take from the Inland Empire. I'll be thinking about watching the best rivalry in North America and trying to picture the game and setting and all that stuff. I've actually only covered one US-Mexico game in person, the October 2000 meeting at the Coliseum. I wasn't able to make it to Mexico City in 1999, 2001 or 2005 or Columbus in either 2001 or 2005. Couldn't foot the bill. This time, though, it will be as energetic and electric as any other game. Bob Bradley and Hugo Sanchez will bring a different feel to the teams and a different style of play than their respective predecessors.

It'll be a good game and hopefully a good trip and if my travel buddy doesn't feel up for some rock n roll, it's all good. There's always this, one of my guilty pleasures...

No comments: