Wednesday, December 27, 2006

OK, I may have written too soon.


 Can Ronaldinho see the incoming arrival of David Beckham?

Although I think this is a crazy move for him, as he's actually less likely to get on the field with this team, a newspaper in Spain is reporting that Beckham is going to Barcelona.

To sell shirts, apparently - as the author says Beckham will probably not start for the team.

He will, however, be important to capturing the Asian market.

MLS might be one of the few places that would like Beckham to actually play for them.

I exagerrate, of course. There are many other teams who would love to have him - not just the Galaxy. 

It's just hard for me to believe Barca is one of them.  

****My Americanization is showing - I'd completely overlooked that the date is the Latin American equivalent of April Fools. So I doubt this article refers to anything else, but yeah, I was suckered for a bit there. ****


No comments: